All Saints Church
The church dates back to the 14th century and is located on the western edge of the village near to the village hall. The church contains some early and unusual wall paintings - there are pictures at Norfolk Churches and here. If you wish to visit the church, please contact one of the church wardens - see below for details.
New villagers are welcome at the church and at the social events run by the Friends of the Church.
Church Services and events
|1st Sunday||10:30||Holy Communion and Monthly Children's Church at High House Farm, Gt Melton|
|2nd Sunday||09:00||Holy Communion|
|3rd Sunday||10:30||All Age Worship|
|4th Sunday||09:00||Holy Communion|
|5th Sunday||10:30||United Benefice at each church in turn|
|1st Monday||13:30||Mothers Union at the Village Hall|
|1st and 3rd Wednesday||10:00||Little Acorns (babies and carers) Hethersett Church Hall|
Mother's Union Events
- On August 6th we celebrate the birthday of our founder, Mary Sumner with a home communion service at “Maytyme” on School Lane kindly hosted by Sue.
- September 3rd sees us fund-raising for MU projects here and abroad and this year Liz has kindly offered to host the event at “Pond Piece” 72,School Lane starting at 10 a m. when we will have a raffle, bring and buy stall and lots of tea, coffee and biscuits and chat so please come along and have an enjoyable morning with us.
- On Oct 1st at 1:30 p.m. we return to the Village Hall for the start of our Autumn programme which seems to very food-orientated so watch out for more details later!
- email email@example.com
- Rector and Vicar - The Rev Derek McClean - 01603 946656
- Associate Priests
- The Rev Christopher Mallett - 01603 811010
- Church Wardens
- Treasurer - Nick Ganley - 01603 810149
- Friends of the Church
- Mothers' Union - 1st Monday of the
month, 1.30pm. Please contact Annetta Evans on
- Visiting Team - Members will visit anyone ill, housebound or in need of a chat -
Liz Tomlin 812209
- Parish Magazine - Good News - 12 monthly issues for £3 - contact Graham Tomlin (see Church Wardens)
- Parochial Charity
- see also
Church of England page