All Saints Church
The church dates back to the 14th century and is located on the western edge of the village near to the village hall. The church contains some early and unusual wall paintings - there are pictures at Norfolk Churches and here. If you wish to visit the church, please contact one of the church wardens - see below for details.
New villagers are welcome at the church and at the social events run by the Friends of the Church.
Church Services and events
|1st Sunday||10:30||Family Service, all age worship|
|2nd Sunday||09:00||Holy Communion|
|2nd Sunday||10:30||ABC Service (Adults, Babies and Children)|
|3rd Sunday||10:30||Holy Communion|
|4th Sunday||09:00||Holy Communion|
|5th Sunday||10:30||United Benefice at each church in turn ((Little Melton, Great Melton and Hethersett)|
|1st Monday||13:30||Mothers Union at the Village Hall|
|Tuesday||10:00||Morning Prayer - see below for details|
There are sometimes changes to the regular service pattern details of which are given in the Parish Magazine and on the notice boards both inside and outside the church
ABC Service (Adults Babies and Children)
This is an informal service for young children with their parents/grandparents and involves stories, a creative activity, sometimes games and some singing.
The fun is followed by drinks and biscuits.
This service has been running for a year although there has been a break since October.
It will start again in February at the new time of 10.30am
This is open to all and is hosted by Anne Carter at her home, Rambler Cottage.
On the 3rd Tuesday of the month it is held at St John’s Residential Home, Norwich.
Further details can be obtained from Liz Tomlin 812209.
December Services and Events
Sunday 2nd 10.30am Family Service
Saturday 8th 1.30- 4.30 pm Christmas Fayre
Meet Father Christmas and view the Chrtistmas Art Project.
There will also be Refreshments, a Raffle, Bottle Stall, Tombola and the opportunity to buy Christmas Wreaths and Table Decorations made specially for you and things made in Little Melton.
Sunday 9th 9am Holy Communion
Friday 14th 7.30pm Salvation Army Concert
Tickets from Little Melton Shop or Annetta Evans at Trevose, Burnthouse Lane
Sunday 16th 10.30am Carol Service with a short, informal Holy Communion
Sunday 23rd 10.30am United Benefice Service at Little Melton
Monday 24th 3.30pm Crib Service – everyone is part of the service by helping to build the crib scene
Christmas Day 9.30am All Age Family Communion
Sunday 30th 10.30am United Benefice Service at Great Melton
Mother's Union Events
- At our November meeting we invite members and friends to a demo of “Sweet Treats for Christmas” so come along on Monday November 5th 1:30 p.m.in the Village Hall
- We end our year with our(not-very-serious) Christmas Party on Monday December 3rd 1:30 p.m.in the Village Hall when we invite all members and friends to join us for fun,games ,lovely eats and natter.
- email email@example.com
- Rector and Vicar - The Rev Derek McClean - 01603 946656
- Associate Priests
- The Rev Christopher Mallett - 01603 811010
- Church Wardens
- Treasurer - Nick Ganley - 01603 810149
- Friends of the Church
- Mothers' Union - 1st Monday of the
month, 1.30pm. Please contact Annetta Evans on
- Visiting Team - Members will visit anyone ill, housebound or in need of a chat -
Liz Tomlin 812209
- Parish Magazine - Good News - 12 monthly issues for £3 - contact Graham Tomlin (see Church Wardens)
- Parochial Charity
- see also
Church of England page