About this website
Please see the News page for recent updates to this site and for items mentioned in newsletters. If you would like to discuss the issues affecting Little Melton and to receive updates from the Parish Council then please join our Facebook Group .
The PC is campaigning for a proper cycle path to enable children to cycle safely to school in Hethersett and for people to cycle to work at the Research Park. Click here for full details.
The Parish Council
The Parish Council currently has 5 councilors, who are all volunteers. There are vacancies for two councilors, please get in touch if you are interested in helping. A Chairperson and Vice Chair are elected at the annual meeting held in May. The council is served by the Clerk, who is paid for his services.
The main responsibilities of the council are -
- To ensure that the Village hall, tennis court, children's
play area and playing field are all properly maintained and to
manage the use of the playing field.
- To comment, on behalf of the village, on local planning applications and on District and County Council schemes that may affect the village. The PC is not required to inform neighbours about planning applications but usually the PC makes sure that those affected are made aware of any applications that the PC is asked to comment on.
- To liaise with the Highways Department about repairs and improvements.
- To pass information received to parishioners.
In addition the PC has -
- Created a Parish Plan in 2006, based on a survey completed by villagers
- Organized village litter picks